2022 California State Employees Food Drive
For the last two years, as state employees have shifted to remote work, the food drive has expanded to serve all California communities. With your help, we would like to continue this effort to support food banks statewide.
How to Participate
- Find a local Food Bank
- Donate food, money, or volunteer hours to support them
- Submit your donation details through the Food Drive Credit Form to be included in your department’s participation by January 20, 2023.
- Sign up for our newsletter for ongoing updates!
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS)
Are you interested in supporting Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services? Check out these upcoming opportunities:
- Donate a turkey to the SFBFS Turkey Drive on November 10, 2022
- Register for the Run to Feed the Hungry on Thanksgiving Day — November 25, 2022
30-Minute Webinars via Zoom
Join a 30 minute call to learn more about the State Employees Food Drive, its impact, and how to support your local food banks. All state employees are welcome to attend!
|Kick-Off Call||November 8, 2022||12 – 12:30 PM||Register|
|Food Bank Stories||December 6, 2022||1 – 1:30 PM||Register|
|Totals & Awards||January 27, 2023||1 – 1:30 PM||Register|
Recordings will be posted after each webinar.
Some food banks have lost upwards of 50% of volunteers and are in great need of volunteers to help pack and sort food. They are taking precautions to ensure volunteer safety.
To get involved in your community, check out:
Resources for State Employees
If you are facing a particularly hard time, a number of local, community-based organizations help folks meet needs, including navigating benefits, counseling, medical case management and some cash assistance.
2021 California State Employees Food Drive
More than 670 state employees contributed to the 2021 State Employee Food Drive and all together donated over $73,061.50 to food banks throughout the state!
We are so grateful for everyone who participated in the food drive and helped make an impact in our local communities.
State Agency Efforts
We would love to share pictures and stories of your agency's employees and their families fundraising or volunteering. Please send them to email@example.com.
Newsletters & Updates
Food Drive Media KitDownload the 2022
Right-click and select "Save link as...". Includes:
- 2022 Food Drive Flyer
- State Employees Food Drive Poster
- State Employees Food Drive Logo
- 2022 Food Drive Social Media Graphics (Call for Participation, Food Drive Credit & Webinars Save the Date)
- Food Drive Icons (Food, Monetary, Volunteer, Run to Feed the Hungry, & Turkey icons from Flyer)